The Haunted Pen Wants YOU!
- Are you a writer?
- Do you have a blog?
- Do you need help sharing your flash fiction, short story, novella or novel with more people?
- Do you have new work you want to promote?
- Are you looking for another stop on your blog tour?
- Are you looking to increase your author platform?
Why does this guy ask so many questions? The answer’s real easy. I’m looking to host more guest-written, writing-related blog posts.
I write horror and thrillers, but the subject matter could be anything related to the writing craft, not just my chosen genres, such as:
- Character development
- Using multiple points of view
- Writing a bad-ass antagonist
- Making every word count
- How you organize a manuscript
- Author interviews
- Tips for promoting a book
- How to network
- Tips on book cover design
- How to grow an e-mail list
- Your favorite digital productivity tools
- Your self-publishing journey
- A personal writing memoir
- Research tips
- Launching an author website
That’s only 15 ideas; there’s a whole bunch more out there to choose from.
Get in Touch
Contact me, Dave Burnham (The Haunted Pen), via the Contact page or drop me a line via e-mail to dmbhauntedpen (at) gmail.com – type GUEST POST (all uppercase) in the “Subject” line of the message.
- Tell me briefly who you are
- Give the title of your proposed post
- Outline the post
- Tell me how The Haunted Pen’s audience would appreciate the post
- Add some links to your website and other posts you’ve written
I’ll reply to everyone who contacts me. If I like your proposal, I’ll get back to you and we’ll find a mutually agreed publication date from my editorial calendar that will suit both our schedules. I’d like to receive the material a few days before our agreed publication date on The Haunted Pen website.
Your Guest Post Must-Haves:
- Awesome, attention-grabbing title
- An introduction that will grab the readers and make them want to continue reading
- 300 – 1,500 words
- Headings, subheadings, bold font for key content and bulleted lists so it’s easy to read. Nothing is more daunting than big blocks of text on the screen.
- Carefully edited and proofread
- A conclusion that encourages sharing and discussion
Please be ready to respond to any comments made on my website about your post. I will notify you when comments are received. Don’t forget to link to the post on YOUR social media platforms. Naturally, I’ll be sharing the post on The Haunted Pen’s Facebook and Twitter pages
What Do I Do Next?
Send your post to me as a Word document or paste the text into the body of a new e-mail.
If the post includes images, send them as attachments, indicating where they should be located. Ensure the photographer has been credited and the image has a Creative Commons license or you own the rights. Please don’t feel that you must include images
I may – in extreme circumstances – recommend some changes. We both want your post to be successful. The post may need editing for length, greater clarity, grammar, punctuation, etc.
It’s All About You
Send me a short author bio (maximum 50 words) that I’ll publish at the end of the post. Make it fun, interesting or punchy. Include an author photo and links to your blog or website. If you have a book(s) for sale, please send me the links and I’ll add them as well. Don’t forget to include any social media links.
The Small Print
- Please note that I’m a poor writer and not able to pay for content
- No proposals from staff writers or freelancers representing other businesses
- No proposals from online marketing firms, commercial websites that are not providing services for professional writers, or content farms
- No affiliate links to build incoming link SEO for other companies
- No proposals from essay/academic paper/online college/research paper-writing businesses
Thanks for your interest in guest posting with The Haunted Pen. I look forward to hearing from you soon!