The Haunted Pen Wants YOU!
- Are you a writer?
- Do you have a blog?
- Do you have a short story/novella/book you want to promote?
- Would you like another stop on your blog tour?
- Would you like to increase your author platform?
Why do I ask so many questions? Simple. I’m looking to host guest-written, writing-related blog posts.
I dark fiction and horror, but the subject matter could be anything related to the writing craft, not just my chosen genres, such as:
- Character development
- Point of view
- Writing a bad-ass antagonist
- How you organize a manuscript
- Tips for promoting a book
- Your favorite digital productivity tools
- Your self-publishing journey
- Research tips
- Launching an author website
That’s only nine; there’s a whole lot more out there.
Get in Touch
Contact me, Dave Burnham (The Haunted Pen), via the Contact page or drop me a line via e-mail to davidmburnhamauthor (at) gmail.com – type GUEST POST (all uppercase) in the “Subject” line of the message.
- Tell me a little about yourself
- Give the title of your proposed post and an outline
- Add some links to your website and other posts you’ve written
I’ll reply to everyone who contacts me. If I like your proposal, I’ll get back to you and we’ll find a mutually agreed publication date to suit both our schedules.
Your Guest Post:
- Must have an awesome, attention-grabbing title
- Must have an introduction that will grab the readers and make them want to continue reading
- Must be 300 – 1,500 words long
- Must use headings, subheadings, bold font for key content and bulleted lists so it’s easy to read. Nothing is more daunting than big blocks of text on the screen.
- Must have a conclusion that ends with a bang to encourage sharing and discussion
Be ready to respond to any comments made on the website about your post. I will notify you when comments are received. Don’t forget to link to the post on YOUR social media platforms. Naturally, I’ll be sharing the post on The Haunted Pen’s Facebook and Twitter pages
What Do I Do Next?
Send your post to me as a Word document or paste the text into the body of a new e-mail.
If the post includes images, send them as attachments, indicating where they should be located. Ensure the photographer has been credited and the image has a Creative Commons license or you own the rights. Please don’t feel that you must include images
It’s All About You
Send me a short author bio (maximum 50 words) that I’ll publish at the end of the post. Make it fun, interesting or punchy. Include an author photo and links to your blog or website. If you have a book(s) for sale, please send me the links and I’ll add them as well. Don’t forget to include any social media links.
The Small Print
- Please note that I’m not able to pay for content
- No proposals from staff writers or freelancers representing other businesses
- No proposals from online marketing firms, commercial websites that are not providing services for professional writers, or content farms
- No affiliate links to build incoming link SEO for other companies
- No proposals from essay/academic paper/online college/research paper-writing businesses
Thanks for your interest in guest posting with The Haunted Pen. I look forward to hearing from you soon!